A note from Dr Jack Zoumaras
We want to assure all our patients, both current and future, that we are continuing to operate as normal, and all procedures will go ahead as planned. We are living in unprecedented times, with rapidly evolving updates on COVID-19, and we want to share with you what we at Artiste Plastic Surgery are doing to protect our staff and patients during this challenging time. The health and safety of our patients has always been a priority, and in this current climate, it is now more important than ever to follow the advice of the Australian Government Department of Health, who are monitoring updates closely, and have implemented processes to keep you and our community safe.
At this time, it is still safe for you to attend Artiste Plastic Surgery, and continue with any planned appointments and/or surgeries. We will continue to monitor the situation and alert you to any changes that may affect you. Below are some of the processes we have implemented to minimise your risk at Artiste Plastic Surgery. As a medical business, rest assured that we already have strict hygiene protocols in place. However, given the current situation we are taking extra precautions and wanted to share with you what those precautions are:
- We have accessible hand sanitiser stations around the clinic.
- We have created a gap in between all appointments to sanitise and disinfect all treatment equipment and consultation rooms.
- We are encouraging patients not to sit too close to one another.
- All high touch/traffic areas are disinfected and sanitised frequently, this includes but is not limited to; reception, reception area, coffee station, coffee table, door handles, phones, pens, Eftpos machine, bathrooms and treatment areas.
- Provision of disposable cups for beverages
- Signage urging all patients to wash and sanitise their hands.
We are taking every precaution we can to minimise risk and continue to operate our business, and we ask that you help us in our endeavour.
If you are feeling unwell or experiencing any signs of illness (runny nose, sore throat, upset stomach, body aches, temperature, cough or flu-like symptoms), we ask that you call us as soon as possible to postpone or reschedule your appointment by phoning 02 9327 1700. It is also important that you seek immediate medical attention.
There is a considerable amount of uncertainty in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic. Over the last few weeks, CoronaVirus cases have increased worldwide, and this has caused concern for some of our patients, regarding the clinic as well as their surgeries. As of Monday the 16th of March, anyone returning from overseas must self-quarantine for 14 days after entering the country, however if you have travelled and returned from an impacted area within the last month, including but not limited to;
2. South Korea
7. United States
- We request that you call us and reschedule.
How can you help?
- Monitor your health, be aware of any signs that you may not be well such as a cough, sore throat and/or fever.
- If you begin feeling unwell seek medical attention immediately.
- If you are showing signs of illness you will most likely need to self-quarantine until you are no longer showing any signs of illness.
- Wash your hands well with soap, and use hand sanitisers regularly.
Please take care of yourselves and others. Avoid situations that put you in contact with large group’s people. Keep hydrated, eat well, get plenty of rest, and continue to practice good general hygiene habits.
Protect yourself and others
World Health Organization: (WHO)https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC07-dOwgza1IguKA86jqxNA?feature=emb_subscribe_title
Australian Government Department of Health:
Coronavirus (COVID-19) health alert https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert
World Health Organisation: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
Advice for the public
Q&A on Coronavirus https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding your planned surgery or consultations in light of Coronavirus.
Please call us on 02 9327 1700.
Disclaimer: At Artiste Plastic Surgery, our Plastic Surgeons led by Dr Jack Zoumaras have been trained to the highest possible degree. All surgery has risks and it is always advised to get a second opinion. Risks are very real and we cannot guarantee any result. Results are illustrated as a guide only. All risks are managed and any need for revision surgery or complications (1-5%) can be managed by our specialist plastic surgeons.
Any statements on how you will feel is based on Level V Evidence:
Level V: How you will feel after plastic surgery varies between individuals, depending on psychological and physical factors. Our internal research is based on how patients in our practice feel after surgery.
The blogs are not a substitute for a medical consultation and do not form as part of the doctor to patient relationship.