As a Facelift expert, Specialist Plastic Surgeon, Dr Jack Zoumaras, offers the best possible Face and Neck Lift’s for you. In the younger patient, or for those that want a minimally invasive incision with less downtime, Dr Jack Zoumaras offers new cutting edge lifting procedures ‘like’ the PonyTail Facelift that has been founded by Dr Kao in the USA.
Many patients come to a Plastic Surgeon’s office asking to lift their face and tighten the skin like when they place the hair up in a Pony Tail. Other patients ask for shorter lifting procedures that conceal all the incisions in the hairline. This is how the Pony Tail lift was born, while a compromise to a Full Face and Neck Lift, in the right patient it can tighten skin, rejuvenate the upper face and even tighten your neck line.
Anatomy of the PonyTail Lift
Facelift expert, Dr Jack Zoumaras, is a peer reviewed Plastic Surgeon, and knows how to respect your anatomy to transform your face.
The Face consists of 5 concentric layers that differ in consistency in
different parts of the face.
- Layer 1 is Skin which is thickest around the cheek and nose, and thinnest on the eyelids and temple.
- Layer 2 is Fat which is prominent around the cheeks and negligible in the eyelids (the fatty “bags” that we see under the eyelids comes from a deeper layer (deeper even than Layer 5).
- Layer 3 is the Superficial Musculoaponeurotic System (SMAS), a muscle layer that allows us to be humans, it is responsible for allowing us to talk, smile, whistle, sing, open and close our eyes, and for all facial animations.
- Layer 4 is a space that contains Ligaments, Facial nerves and Vessels. The ligament holds the upper three layers and rests on Layer 5. The ligament is at its thickest in Layer 4 and branches into the dermis of the skin, akin to fine branches of a tree.
- Layer 5 is bone where the ligament holding up the facial anatomy resides on (Cheek and Jaw bones). In the cheek and neck there is no bone and it is deep fascia that is representative of layer 5.
Ponytail Facelift Options
The procedure can be done as day surgery and you can return to work after 10 days.