Rhinoplasty, also known as a nose job, is a popular cosmetic surgery that can reshape, resize, or reposition the nose to improve its appearance and function. While rhinoplasty is commonly associated with women, more and more men are now considering this procedure to address their unique needs and concerns.
In this blog, Artiste Plastic Surgery shares the common concerns of men in seeking a nose job in Sydney and its benefits.
Reasons Why Men Consider Rhinoplasty
- Has a nose that is out of proportion with the rest of the face: A nose that appears too large or too small compared to other facial features can impact the balance of the face.
- Has a nasal hump or bump: A bump or hump on the bridge of the nose can be unattractive and make a person self-conscious.
- Has a droopy, enlarged, or upturned nasal tip: A droopy or enlarged nasal tip, or an upturned tip, can detract from the overall appearance of the nose and the face.
- Has a deviated septum, affecting their breathing: A deviated septum can cause breathing difficulties and negatively impact a person’s quality of life.
- Has a nose that has been injured or wants to correct a congenital abnormality: An injury or a congenital abnormality may cause some people to be self-conscious or affect their breathing, leading them to consider rhinoplasty.
- Dissatisfaction with the nose profile after previous surgery: A previous rhinoplasty procedure that didn’t produce the desired results can lead a person to consider revision surgery.
Whether it’s for function or aesthetic reasons, a nose job surgery can help you achieve your goals. Here are some of its benefits.
Benefits of Rhinoplasty for Men
- Improved appearance of the nose: Rhinoplasty can improve the overall appearance of the nose by reshaping, resizing, or repositioning it to create a smoother, more defined nasal structure.
- Better facial symmetry: Rhinoplasty can address the nasal tip, nasal dorsum, and bone/septum to restore balance and symmetry to the face, leading to an improved overall appearance.
- Improved breathing: By correcting a deviated septum, a nose job can improve breathing and increase quality of life.
- Correction of congenital abnormality or injuries: A well-performed rhinoplasty can correct congenital abnormality or injuries, improving the appearance and function of the nose. A revision rhinoplasty can also correct a previous rhinoplasty that did not achieve your goals.
- Improved self-confidence: A nose profile that a person is happy with can help boost one’s confidence and feel better about their overall outlook.
If you want to know if you’re a good candidate for a nose job surgery, reach out to Artiste Plastic Surgery. Our Specialist Plastic Surgeon, Dr Jack Zoumaras, has a deep understanding of the unique needs and goals of male rhinoplasty. He will carefully assess your individual situation and understand your overall goals to help achieve the nose shape you always wanted. Book a consultation today.
Disclaimer: At Artiste Plastic Surgery, our Plastic Surgeons led by Dr Jack Zoumaras have been trained to the highest possible degree. All surgery has risks and it is always advised to get a second opinion. Risks are very real and we cannot guarantee any result. Results are illustrated as a guide only. All risks are managed and any need for revision surgery or complications (1-5%) can be managed by our specialist plastic surgeons.
Any statements on how you will feel is based on Level V Evidence:
Level V: How you will feel after plastic surgery varies between individuals, depending on psychological and physical factors. Our internal research is based on how patients in our practice feel after surgery.
The blogs are not a substitute for a medical consultation and do not form as part of the doctor to patient relationship.