Your nose is the central point of your face. And as we age, our noses start to change. Some patients begin to notice that their nose appears to droop down, and others appear to have an unruly bump, or it seems rather too small or too large.
While most patients prefer nose job surgery at an earlier age, starting from 18 years old or even younger, rhinoplasty can benefit patients at any age. Artiste Plastic Surgery shares several reasons for older patients to consider rhinoplasty cosmetic surgery.
What can rhinoplasty do for older patients?
1. It improves the facial contour. Nose job surgery is done to resize and reshape the nose. As we get older, our nose starts to appear bumpy, drooping at the tip, and rough in texture. With rhinoplasty, your nose will have more definition and appear smoother.
2. It promotes confidence. When some people’s facial features start to change due to age, they feel insecure about their physical appearance. With rhinoplasty, older patients can achieve the nose shape they always wanted, boosting their confidence from every angle.
3. It produces better facial symmetry. Nature has its ways to signal our age, but it doesn’t have to appear almost evidently on our faces. As we age, we start to notice our skin sagging, changing our facial symmetry. With rhinoplasty, our face could achieve a balance in appearance.
4. It adds youthful radiance to your look. Ageing should not dim your glow. Some older patients are more confident when they achieve their desired nose shape. This makes them happier and less worried.
5. It helps manage breathing problems. Health is the top priority of people at any age. Some older patients may have difficulty in breathing due to a deviated septum. With rhinoplasty surgery, correction of a deviated septum can be done, and a patient can breathe better in no time.
Ageing does not have to make you feel worried. As you get older, you should feel good about yourself. So if you are in the Sydney area and considering a nose job, reach out to Ariste Plastic Surgery. Our Specialist Plastic Surgeon Dr Jack Zoumaras employs a customised procedure for each patient to achieve their goals. Schedule a consultation today.
Disclaimer: At Artiste Plastic Surgery, our Plastic Surgeons led by Dr Jack Zoumaras have been trained to the highest possible degree. All surgery has risks and it is always advised to get a second opinion. Risks are very real and we cannot guarantee any result. Results are illustrated as a guide only. All risks are managed and any need for revision surgery or complications (1-5%) can be managed by our specialist plastic surgeons.
Any statements on how you will feel is based on Level V Evidence:
Level V: How you will feel after plastic surgery varies between individuals, depending on psychological and physical factors. Our internal research is based on how patients in our practice feel after surgery.
The blogs are not a substitute for a medical consultation and do not form as part of the doctor to patient relationship.